I dream of SRK

Love hurts like hell even after years. You may love him for years but the yearning makes the pain manifold. It’s a crushing feeling which drowns you without any water and you get so suffocated that you wish to die rather than just existing. It’s one of those oxymoronic extremes where you are killed by the very life essence that you are so much dependent on. So, how to escape such a situation? Well, there is no escape. You just have to bear with it. Unless, he comes by, drags you by your hand and pulls you in his arms. But, some things in life are just too dreamy and this is one such!

God, I am still dreaming about him. I just can’t afford to do so. I have to finish washing, cooking, sweeping, dusting. You, get the picture, basically the daily mundane household work, for which I am not even paid for. But, whom am I kidding? After all, my husband is no SRK and I don’t live in Mannat. And how could I even think of marrying someone like SRK. I am in fact lucky to be married at all. No sacchi, I am touching 30 and just a graduate. I never had a real career or anything, just some random jobs for a few thousands. I am not that pretty as well, of average height, and a little plump. But thank God, I have a fair complexion otherwise even Satish would have rejected me!

My parents started to look for guys when I was 20 and see it took them a decade to find a match for me. So many sittings, so many guys, not even a single one liked me. I was completely dejected and depressed. All my friends got married one-by-one. Matters became worse when even my parents started cursing, “It’s all her ill-luck, she was never one of those auspicious kinds you see”. I prayed hard, kept all sort of fasts, visited umpteen number of temples and showed my horoscope to babajis. But, nothing fruitful happened, all of them said, I am a manglik and so the difficulties.

Well! I even got married to a tree to get rid of my dosh. And that I think is what eventually worked for me. We got the proposal from Satish, a 40-year-old computer operator from Mumbai. I jumped at the proposal and gave my nod the instant they said yes to the marriage. Don’t get me wrong, I was not that desperate to get married, but I was desperate enough to visit Mumbai, the land of dreams, the land that houses Mannat, the house of my dream man, SRK!

I may not have aspirations in life, but I do have some desires and the desire to meet SRK had been the strongest of them all. I was in 12th standard when Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge released and I was instantly in love with him. I wanted a Raj in my life, who would come and sweep me off my feet. I eagerly waited for him to come by. There was in fact a Raj in my college, smart, handsome and arrogant. All the girls loved him, but what was important to me was that I didn’t even exist for him!

Alas, my Raj did not even turn up in the hundred guys who rejected me. And so here I am, sitting in my one-room apartment, dreaming about what life could have been if Raj would have been real and mine!

Good lord, one can’t even dream. That worthless husband of mine found this precise moment only to call me for reminding to book the cooking gas!

Anyway, I fulfill my trite responsibilities and finally am free to do what has become a daily routine for the past six months. I am blessed that my best friend gifted me a DVD player and a set of all the SRK movies. I watch him every day, wishing that some day he would come by and rescue me in his arms. Some things in life as I said are just too dreamy and this is one such! Wiping the lone tear in my eyes, I wait for the DVD to start playing. Today, its time for Dil to Pagal Hai.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts