Break ke baad…

Is this how it ends, some unpaid credit card bills, some shared passwords, some broken dreams and a foul smell that reek every part of the body that ‘all the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten’.

Thoughts after thoughts keep swirling in my head just like the fan which is spinning overhead. Why am I not thinking usual things? Why am I not cursing him, blaming him for leaving me shattered and shaken? Why am I taking it so lightly? Why am I not asking myself again and again, “What was I thinking”? Are these not the logical questions one asks after a break-up?

And the weirdest part is that I am not howling and crying my heart out. In fact, I haven’t even shed a single tear. Guess, even the tears have decided to betray me. And now I feel there is something seriously wrong with me, as even the superbly saddened voice of Kishore singing Kiska Rasta Dekhe failed to bring tears into my eyes. Am I suffering from some kind of disease which has robbed me of my ability to cry or the pain has numbed me so much that I am just not capable of feeling any emotions any more.

I guess it’s again just me, just like the way it had been in so many previous instances.

Well, enough of whining, enough of self-blame, enough of feeling weird and stupid. I am anyways late and cannot afford to laze around more. After all, my friends are waiting outside to celebrate my ‘break-up’ party!

Comments

Popular Posts