She and I

She: Hey, what’s up? Why aren’t you in Ramlila ground by now?

I: Nope, I am not supporting the bill, just the fundamental rights of a citizen to protest. The bill has many issues as well, what I support is the enthusiasm of people to eradicate corruption.

She: Yes, to people power!

I: There is this nice quote by Douglas Adams in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

“It is an important and popular fact that things are not always what they seem. For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.”

She: We really have a knack of bringing the house down on ourselves.

I: I am not in my best of moods today... a bit introspective actually, but otherwise okay.

She: Nobody is in a fair and square mood. I think there is a churn on the whole even I have been looking for a quiet corner....

I lit a candle entire night next to my bedside...maybe for semblance of hope and peace.

I: Yes, me too, really feel like being quiet and sit in a corner.

She: I put it [candle] inside a meshed stone case... so it threw patterns on the wall... was really nice how one tiny candle can light up and make such a difference.

I: That’s really a beautiful thought!

She: Got some orchids and a pick rose. Flowers make amazing difference.

I: Yes I do agree, I love to buy flowers as well. It’s such a selfless way of giving for someone's satisfaction.

She: So...books...flowers...a candle...some essence in a diffuser...

I: Paradiso!

She: There is so much to learn from a flower and a tree for that matter. Totally selfless. Anti-man...we keep spewing wants, desires, take...take... take...

I: Yes, that’s the root cause of everything. It’s the 'I' that governs all of us. But even if it is the 'I', the 'I' needs to have some integrity.

She: Absolutely, ego is a very clever thing. This I disguises itself...

I: Yes and it is so difficult to kill this ego... to reach up to someone and tell that person that you were wrong and ask for forgiveness gets hindered by this ego only... or even tell someone about how you feel about that person. Everything boils down to ego, because we fear to get hurt, but it is our ego that is actually getting hurt and not really us if we look at it from another perspective.

She: Absolutely and this ahamkara is the root of all dis-balances... all diseases... So the way out for health and wellness is actually penetrating this sense of self through seeking and giving forgiveness. Forgiveness is so intricately linked with healing. That's all that's there to it. Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. It is this baggage we carry that ultimately crushes us.

So an inner evolution of the spirit is required as much as what Anna is doing on the outside. We won’t stand the nonsense of the 'I". Easier said than done... but, what the heck... let’s start!

I: That’s what is required, somewhere one needs to start, start by cleansing ourselves before even thinking of doing anything for the society or the world per se. How integral we are is what needs to be seen and then look at the evils in the society. And anyways if all of us live an integral life, it would become a utopian society and therefore no need for any law or policing.

She: Bang on! We are the micro of the macro. Change within... is change without. There is an ideal within us that needs to soar. Poets and writers have it...the ordinary struggling man needs to feel it and reach out.

I: It’s all karmic cycle, we achieve as much and then a bit more through our efforts and then the cycle begins again of birth and rebirth till we are able to see the immense energy that surrounds us, which is our ultimate goal to be reached, where no one can accompany us, but only us and our soul with complete nothingness.

I don’t know if this makes sense or not, but that’s how I feel these days...

(Her phone rang and she went off to answer it... the talk may resume some other day...)

Comments

Popular Posts