Sarphira

Something cute happened today. So, I have been making sure that my niece, who is living with me now, should attend school every day, even if it rains cats and dogs! A part of the reason is, it is best to have a pre-teen kid in school rather than at home, phew! So, no matter how the condition or what happens, I get her to school, and in the last month, despite very limited time, I taught her and ensured she scored well for her Unit Test. She is a bright child, no doubt, just lack concentration. But, thora credit toh banta hai na mera bhi! Anyway, I didn't really realize that I was juggling too many things with her, in order to ensure that she is getting into a routine, no matter how and what. 

Case in point, today, we got up really late and she just had 10 minutes to get ready and to catch her bus. Everyone said, we won't make it, but I kept calm, told her to get ready fast. Behold! We were able to get to the stop on time, and as we reached there, my niece looked at me and said, "Pi, what are you? Are you God? I mean, what is it that you can't do, get me through knee-deep water-logged road by getting an auto, getting me from school when I didn't feel fine, making me study overnight to help me score well and today, you made sure we catch the bus at the nick of time. Tell me, are you playing Khatroon Ka Khiladi?" I hardly could stop my laughter when the bus came. And, hey since morning, I am smiling 😊

I guess, I am a bit insane... Or else, I wouldn't be doing all these...

Somehow, this masterpiece by Imtiaz Ali is a perfect example of my 'insanity'. Unique log sarphire hi hote hai 🤭.

It reminded me of this sher too - 

"Hat kar chale wo humse
Jise sar aziz ho
Hum sarfiro ke saath
Koi sarfira chale!"

Comments

Popular Posts