The jogger’s park

I know it’s just 6 in the morning and my shift starts at 11. But still for the last one month, I am getting up early to jog in the nearby park. No I am not one of those health freak nerds who jog around even in trench coats braving cold and rain. Instead, I am a hopeless romantic who goes to the park everyday to get a glimpse of the most beautiful woman in the world! See, I warned you I am a hopeless romantic, but I am not a peeping Tom. I have dignity in my act, not like those street-chaps who whistle and ogle at her constantly.

But she is amazing in her endurance as she turns a deaf ear to them and continues her daily rounds, always five rounds, not one more or one less. She is precise, just like her beautiful face, deep brown eyes, light brown hair and a flawless complexion. Still something about her is amiss, she seldom smiles, don’t know what bothers that pretty lass. And that is what I want to know, want to brighten her days with smile and laughter. Yes, I am again warning you I am a hopeless romantic.

Today is going to be special I have finally mustered enough courage to talk to her. Today would be the day of her first real smile. I know it’s silly, but I still spray the brand new Axe Effect. God only knows, how much I require that extra dose of attraction today.

I quietly slip inside the park through the back gate and instantly spot her doing her warm-ups. I am on time, and gradually start jogging behind her, keeping a distance of a few paces. This goes on till the second round. I muster some more courage and get closer to her. Now I can smell her sweat fragrance, her hair almost brushing my face. Told you, I am a hopeless romantic!

And then… suddenly, she falls down. Whack, on her face, tripping over her shoe lace. I can never forget the first sound she made. It was weird, and was far off from the usual girlish scream. She just made some random sound and started throwing her arms around, as if she was too shocked to speak. And then it hit me like a bludger. Oh! Shit she can’t speak. The ground under my feet gave away, I felt shaky, how can that be, the prettiest of them all and can’t utter a single word. I was no longer a hopeless romantic.

I return home dejectedly. Take the day off, and keep thinking about her. What a sad turn of event, what can fate do to some people. It’s such a harsh world we live in. And I also fight with myself. What should I do now?

I get up at 6 again. Think that’s out of habit. But, it’s a great day again for me. I would definitely go to her today, no matter what, nothing can deter me now, nothing. I have overcome all the internal arguments and desire. I would make her smile today, I promise I would.

I make inroads through the hedges, and see her right in front of me talking animatedly with her friend. I told you darling, I am such a hopeless romantic!

Comments

Popular Posts