Accepting yourself

It is not just about finding out who you are, the greater battle is to accept who you are once you know your truth. Can you accept your own absurdities? Forget about being yourself, those are pretences, that's like trying to become you. Why is there a need to "try to be you"? If you are who you are, you don't have to make any effort right? 

We are conditioned to be this and that, to follow certain order. There is no question of toeing "out of" the line, especially when things doesn't make sense, your own self doesn't make sense. What do you do then? Do you accept your own bare self, or run to find any available piece of clothing to shield yourself from your own truth? 

Ironical as it may be, but we are running away from our very own self, nothing else, but our own self. 

Have I accepted my own true self? I am no Buddha. I fail myself each day, but then again, each day, I make a little bit more effort to walk towards accepting myself, and even if by an inch or a fraction of an inch, I move. God knows how long will this take, but this journey somehow is the last one, accepting who you are. 

Rest, everything else is pretend play. Kya farak parta hai.

Comments

Popular Posts