Truly forgiving someone

Have I become wise? Maybe not, but experience has taught me to identify my mistakes and has given me enough understanding to avoid it the next time. I guess, that's what it means to be wise or is it?

Don't know. All I know is life teaches something new each day and if that above definition holds any truth then yes, maybe I am becoming wiser each day.

Thing is, I thought I knew what it takes to forgive someone, that I could do it easily. Turns out, on a superfluous level, it may hold some truth, but deep down, forgiving someone, especially for deep-seated hurts and often of lifetimes, is not easy, not at all. It takes immense compassion, love and kindness to achieve something like this. And, that's what I did a couple of nights ago. 

Strangely, it was the most difficult, and yet the easiest thing to do too. While my ego and hurt made it impossible to let go, a warm energy held my hand throughout and gave me enough courage to face my inner shadows head-on and resolve them once-and-for-all. That forgiveness was not for my own satisfaction, instead, it was actually purging someone's wrongdoing completely and releasing that person from that karmic debt with love. It was such a beautiful feeling, so peaceful and pure. 

I feel as if I have crossed a major obstacle. I feel so light. I feel a cool energy surrounding me. It just feels right. I know this is just a pause, the journey is still ahead, but I think I have earned the right to sit for a while, relax and enjoy where I am right now. 

Also, this is where I wait too 🙂. Go, do your wanderings, I will be here for sometime now, at least till the soul quivers again. 

Blessed Be.

Comments

Popular Posts