Home

Ralised that ego is not just about breaking yourself, but actually melting yourself completely. Be so malleable that you can take any form, and only when you become that flexible you can understand or at least get into that outlook to look at things from someone else's perspective. And that makes you humble, grounded. 

I took the first step towards melting myself and looking at things from someone else's perspective. And what I felt was enormous pain, not mine but his, the pain of being misunderstood, the pain of inability to share or express, the pain of nothing being sure, the pain of endless waiting, the pain of losing hope (literally), the pain of being stuck, yet the inability to move forward, the pain of giving without the slightest hope of gaining anything in return...the literal hell that one can go through...much more hellish than what I went through. And I asked, but why? Why go through all this, that too for years, when he had a choice? Can love be so cruel? Which leads to how could I have been so cruel? How could I have been so selfish that I had selective compassion?

I know I can't undo what is done and I don't want to waste time in regret too. 

Years ago, he had asked, rather frustratingly, "I don't like it when people say 'Thank You' and go away. Have you ever thought, what about me, what would happen to me?" It jolted me that day, but I didn't have the same amount of compassion as he had to respond to it. Let me attempt to do it today, maybe it will fall short, maybe I will fail to express, I don't know whether I am even too late to say this, but it is what it is, it is raw, vulnerable...

"I don't know what tomorrow will bring, I don't know how life will shape up for either of us, but today I can say for sure, you are not alone in this, you have a home in me, which is yours always, and no matter what, when or where, you can simply walk into it, no questions asked."

Love isn’t cruel. It is simple.

Comments

Popular Posts