Done.

Done, dona, done, done...

This is crazy. I am do damn relieved. Finally, finished the first draft of the book and have compiled the draft into a single sheet as well. I have written close to 30,000 words in the last four months or so. I did set the impossible task of completing the book within a month, but yes, I  have done it, finally.

Now, it's editing and working on the drafts. That madness I know how to manage, having done that for donkey number of years. I just have to be dispassionate about the book now and look at it from the lens of a harsh editor. Looking forward for that process, that is familiar territory. This writing of the book wasn't, but this first book has prepared me for the journey for more books to write as well. I am somehow being able to figure out about myself as a writer. I am chaotic and crazy, and I absolutely love to work at a stretch. I won't publish my edited version here though.

This journey had helped me find a new me, and I love this me a lot. There are too many emotions within, just can't process it now, too tired. Should sleep now. 

Just one thing, I have decided on a title of this book - "Under the Amaltas and other stories." I love Amaltas, don't know why, but just love that tree with its bright yellow flowers, maybe because just like the sun it brightens our lives too. :)

Comments

Popular Posts