Mom's day

Things are better, hoping for things to become fine by next week.

Today was special. Without asking or being told by anyone, my niece wished me. What she said was special too, "You take care of me like my mother. You love me like her. You are no less than a mother to me. It's not just the real mothers, even aunts are special." Looks like love does pay off. She has grown up for sure. 

Somehow, everyone who cares for me called me today. Don't know why, they called and talked for long. It was just one of those days when they called to tell me to take care. 

They fear for me, but I am resilient. Was telling sis that it's time for me to plan for my old age, earn enough so that I can get hired help, because let's face it, whether you have kids or not you need to be independent enough to take care of yourself. Everyone is busy in their own lives, and that's fair.

Having zero expectation is good. It makes life easy. Saying nothing matters definitely makes it better to handle anything in life. But it also makes it sad, isn't it? When you see the grass greener on the other end. Then a few things do matter, and you do want to have a few expectations met, if not exceeding expectations. 

Guess, it's just the day today that's making me emotional. Interestingly, for the first time ever I didn't feel annoyed or irritated seeing the overflowing posts on social media. Somehow, for the first time I could truly appreciate the feeling of what a mother means. And yes, I did wish my mother and gifted her a handbag, which she loved but also complained about how much I had spent on it! That's universal. 🙄

Thing is, love conquers everything. That's what I am betting on too.

Comments

Popular Posts