Chakras

Rising of the kundalini energy is often the first form of chakra opening. When that happens, there is an intense energy and heat at the base chakra, and that heat radiates through the spine, back and neck, escaping through the crown chakra at the top of the head. 

Almost always when I sit to meditate, I could feel this energy. Over a period of time, I have been able to live with it, but initially, it was too disorienting and scary. It feels as if your entire back is on fire, and nothing seems to stop it from burning, nothing. It just is there constantly. Even right now that I am writing about it, I could feel the burning sensation. 

Grounding yourself and being one with the ground help in neutralizing the effect a lot. Plus, warm baths with salt or warm showers definitely relaxes the body. 

At times, the body seems not to be in sync with the soul. The progress is hard for the body to catch up with. Reason why it is important to rest, sleep, hydrate and eat. Mind what you eat. Anything that makes you bloated or heavy should be avoided. Rest eat whatever you love to. 

I had the toughest time when my solar plexus and heart chakras opened. I remember I was in Jaipur at that time with my bosses in 2012. They dabbled in occult and were not really the right people to be around. However, at the event - it was Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas - I met with an elderly couple from Norway, old souls and while we talked making a circle under an ancient tree during a particular starlit night, I felt immense heat around my stomach and chest region, with high palpitations and I couldn't stand still as my head started spinning badly. That's when they taught me to ground myself by standing barefoot and letting the energy flow through to the ground. I also let the energy flow through my palms to the ground and had loads of water and some sweets. 

Something crazy also happened during that time. All my gadgets started behaving erratic - my laptop refused to boot, the phone kept getting hung, the watch kept draining the batteries and even the household electronic devices started being impacted while I was around. I knew I had to ground myself more. That year was one of the toughest years of my life. I used to get up in cold sweats in the middle of the nights with bad palpitations. My vision blurred and I could keep seeing colors in front of my eyes like in a kaleidoscope. I just didn't know what to do, but somehow managed. Usha aunty was definitely a big help. 

Once I knew how to ground myself, I could keep these chakras under check. Plus, the succeeding years were too hard and somehow I managed to keep them dormant. 

Since the last couple of years, the chakras activated again. This time even opening the throat chakra. It wasn't as disorienting but wasn't easy as well. The sacral chakra is now opening and that energy is damn different. It's sensual and often leaves me breathless. There had been a glimpse of third eye chakra opening, but I haven't been able to sustain it so far.

The idea is to balance out everything. When I sit to see the energy circulating through my body I could find the hidden blockages and clear them out. It is amazing to know how we can heal ourselves and keep rejuvenating our bodies over and over. 

Resisting the change doesn't help. If this has to happen, it will, but being better prepared always help. 

Blessed Be.


Comments

Popular Posts