Free

Work is crazy and I am literally dropping dead into my bed each day, but somehow today, even with droopy eyes I want to write this, more so as a reminder to myself than anything else.

I deserve to think for myself. I deserve to be happy. I deserve to choose myself, no matter the circumstances, and never label myself being selfish, no matter what others say. I should do as much as I can, help and support, but beyond a limit, I should pause, take a stock of the situation and if need be take a U-turn or just be there at that boundary line. My own sanity and wellness are far more important than trying to do the “right” thing, because guess what, there isn’t any “right” thing in the world.

I had never thought I would ever have to live in regret. How wrong was I. Not only I taste regret each day in my mouth, I know I have got to live with it forever. There would always be the reminder of lost opportunities, of not thinking for myself, of not putting myself out there, or giving myself a chance to be happy. I didn't do it and I know I got to live with it.

And I hate this feeling.

That’s why I want to promise myself that I don’t want to feel like this ever again. If there is a choice between my happiness and to be “right”, this time I would choose myself. I know, knowing myself, it won’t be easy, but that’s what all this is about, setting myself free. And, I love this me - bold, wild, crazy 😍.

Here’s an early Diwali treat!

Comments

Popular Posts