Need to do this

I wasn’t very sure of writing this story. This was too personal. I struggled internally, but then I realized, sometimes you do need to tell certain stories. Sometimes we just don’t want to acknowledge too many things happening to us. We don’t take actions regarding them too. It’s just the way it is, isn’t it? Why fight it or do anything about it. But, it kills us inside, each day. Then why be in such a situation. Because, no one tells us that it is not normal. It never was.

Maybe through this story, someone somewhere may understand that it is not an acceptable behaviour, that society has been normalizing too many things for too long.

Maybe, during the stone ages, when the roles were defined based on physical capabilities, no one questioned anything, because everyone did their work. We were born, tried to survive, ensured that we procreated so that we had another generation to carry forward, and died. It was simple. Survival was the key – women ensured survival of the species, while men ensured survival from any outside danger.

Problem is, we are no longer in a stone age.

But I have another problem. I hate dishing out others, especially when I know the character is based on real life. I don’t like it.

Maybe, I would have to edit this heavily. This was too much of a straightforward narrative, some lines were even as is.

Am I being a coward? Hypocrite? Or am I pure evil for penning all this? Breaking trust? I don’t know.

I guess, I am scared, but why? Isn’t the point of this book is to finally break the mould.

Yes, I am scared, but I think I will be okay. I need to do this, for myself. I will keep this story as is. Of course, it will have edits, needs layers et al. But the core, the narrative, let it be as is. Let me be defined as a bitch.

Comments

Popular Posts