Roller-coaster of emotions

The past couple of days have been a roller-coaster of emotions and frankly I don’t have any reason to feel such myriad emotions. Yes, sis-in-law is still in the hospital, under observation, where she will remain for the time being. However, she is better and doctors are already assuring that she will be in remission. Next up will be stem cell transplant from her sibling. So, we don’t have much to do except motivate her, keep her spirits up and wait for the best. Work is, as usual, hectic, crazy meetings and calls.

In fact, will be working on Holi too! Will be on a tour. I love playing Holi. It has always been quite big in our house, with all my cousins and friends assembling at our place. Nobody was spared, everyone got drenched from head to toe. Then there were pakka colors. It was a nightmare to clean-up, but it was just so much fun. Each year, as a ritual, we used to break at least one small plastic bucket at home, and each one of us got dressing down from mom. The madness has ceased now. Plus, I need to be careful given my auto-immune condition.

Ok, enough of nostalgic digression.

During the last couple of days, I have been melancholic, thoughtful, silent, distracted, and then all of a sudden, since today evening, I am feeling euphoric and elated, as if I am celebrating some success. I am smiling for no reason at all.

Yes, I have today cajoled a prospect into signing our mandate, and closed it after chasing him for almost four months! It was some call. Never knew I could be so ruthless and straightforward too, but then that’s why I am always “deployed” at the front to negotiate. Actually I love it, especially financial negotiations. It’s all about making the other person feel that they are in control and dictating the terms, but reality is converse to it. I think all the years of handling the ‘Gaza Strip’ at home gave me the much needed skills.

So, while I am happy that the deal went through, this feeling of euphoria has nothing to do with it. This seems more personal. Don’t know, no idea. Guess, it’s fine. Let me enjoy the moment, grooving to some peppy music. After a long time, wished to listen to this gem. Kya damdar awaz hai! 

Comments

Popular Posts