Stupidly simple

This one is emotional. I am scared, there is a general sense of gloom at home, things are not looking up. Most have kind of resigned to an outcome. Yet, I am not able to do it. That's so basic in me, I cannot give up. The ever optimistic person that I am, I am just not able to give up. If there is a glimmer of hope, if there is even a slim chance, I am someone who takes it. I refuse to let down in the face of troubles. Point is, should I sometimes resign as well? Maybe there are battles that one cannot fight. I don't know.

You know, at times I can identify myself with those freedom fighters who just had one focus in their lives - to fight for the country's independence. They were not deterred by the challenges that stared on their faces or the impossible situation they were in. They just wished for one and only one thing, even if it meant giving their lives for it. And, they believed wholeheartedly that they will gain freedom one day, despite every other odds stacked against them. That's the kind of optimism I have. No matter what people tell me, what kind of situation I am in, I simply believe in something better. 

And, I often wish I could have this conversation with someone who understands what I am saying, who would tell me that it is fine to be this stupidly simple, even in this dark bad world. Someone who could say, it is fine to be positive even when the situation is un-winable. Someone who does believe in miracles and hold my hands and pray with me for such a miracle to happen. Yes, I can be that stupidly simple. 

For now, the love that surrounds me gives me the courage to face everything in life, and I will continue to draw from it to lead a life filled with positive light, no matter the circumstances. I would have been certainly lost without this strength. So, thank you!

The road ahead is bumpy and tricky, and I don't know whether it will be a win or not, but all I know is that I need to tread it with love and kindness. Maybe, it could move the mountains!

Comments

Popular Posts