Impossible romance

There was a time when I believed in romance, full on filmy types. I believed in everything soppy, all sorts of everlasting, fairytale stuff. I literally fed on them. 

I wanted a romance larger-than-life, out there, someone who wore his heart on his sleeves and wouldn't even blink once to shout it out from the top of the tallest building in the city. Someone who would make me blush and laugh constantly with his antics. 

I wanted someone to love me without any fear of anyone, someone who gave a damn about who will think what. 

I was this fiery little thing always floating in the air and wanted someone to fly along. I didn't want an earthling, I wanted someone who was free-spirited, spontaneous and passionate.

I was looking for a romance that was impossible to find - unconditional, unlimited, unfiltered. No one was mad enough.

That silly dream got crushed. Reality made me settle for far less.

As I rediscover myself, I find myself wondering what it would have been if I didn't let my dream die?

Then again, what's bygone is bygone. However, I am pleasantly surprised that even now that dream of the impossible romance is still alive and is making me blush like a silly young girl, as I hear this equally silly song on repeat. This is the kind of stupid romance I wanted, and hey, still want 😍



Comments

Popular Posts