In the lap of nature

It is hard to let go of your comfort zones. You are always reluctant to release your old patterns as they bring you comfort. You don’t want to move out of them, it’s safe, it’s secure.

So, when I say that there is a vast world out of that zone, a zone that we create ourselves, trust me. It is scary, but then it just opens up so many new vistas, things that you have never even thought about or even have heard about. There is this analogy that someone has once used while I had expressed my disbelief about something. They said, “What you see is a limited vision. There are things that are beyond your vision which you may not see or feel, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t there. So, while you could see the immediate tree in your line of vision, you may completely miss out the tiny cottage that the tree is hiding behind its huge trunk.” Point is, being dismissive is easy, but to question to find the truth behind something is the tough job. Doesn’t mean that you waste your time on everything. When you hear or read about something, you would know, something inside will tell you whether to pursue it or not. It is simple.

At times, I find my answers while I ground myself – often simply sitting on the floor, or looking at the night sky, or the setting sun, or even a simple water body. Nature has this immense healing power and this surreal energy that opens my perception, it is so open and vast, which doesn’t box but gives an open field to let the thoughts run free. Being one with nature and drift into a world unknown isn’t scary at all. Although haven’t tried nature-based meditations in a full-fledged manner, but whenever I sit on the ground to meditate, that cool energy brings so much of peace and balance that I feel as if I could sit like that for hours on end.

Then again, reality is different. We can’t be living in trance forever, can we? So, why not connect with nature in the small things. I don’t really do gardening, but I love to look at our little potted plants, I kind of talk to them at times – I know it feels silly, but then again, even science has proved that plants do respond to our speech. I do it because I love it, you know, sometimes, just randomly saying hi to a tree and asking how it is doing. It sounds crazy, gosh, but it gives me immense happiness. I am drawn towards sustainable development projects, anything to do with renewable energies, saving energy, tech-driven solutions to help create a better ecosystem, I am game. I just feel a connection.

Nature has always been a source of great solace and healing for me. Even as a child, when I felt terribly alone, I had the ground, reason why, I loved to sit on the stairs, and even do now, to get lost in my thoughts for hours end. 

With nature, I stay grounded. Maybe, you could too.

Comments

Popular Posts